Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The Symposium...

I thought our symposium went really well last Saturday. I was a little nervous when I heard that the technology wasn't working, because I had n0t brought a written outline of what I wanted to say. However, I know so much about my topic that I was able to talk about it easily for a few minutes. Kind of on a side note: for some reason I was really nervous to present, even though I knew pretty much everyone in the room. I thought the e-poster presentations in class were a lot easier. I was a lot more confident in what I was saying, and I didn't have an outline for that presentation either. Anyway, more about the symposium presentation...hm what to say? My picture was really nerdy, and I kind of cringed when it came up. :-)

I thought the power powerpoint as a whole went well. However, I felt that the audience was not as engaged in it as they could have been. Christin mentioned in class that she thought that a question answer period after each presenation would have given the audience a chance to respond more. I definitely agree. A question answer period would have given us a chance to expand on our topic more, and have more time to devote to our topic. this may have taken up more time, I think it would have made our presentation more successful in the long run.

No comments: